Accomplished Baltimore Family Lawyers Provide High-Quality Representation
Experienced attorneys help Maryland clients handle domestic and estate planning issues
With roots dating back to 1939, Hessey & Hessey, P.A. is a small family-law firm that advises Maryland residents in domestic legal matters and general business law. From our office in Baltimore, we assist clients throughout the region with challenges such as divorce, custody disputes and estate planning. Our attorneys draw on nearly a century of combined experience guiding clients toward successful results. Whether you have decided to end your marriage or are looking for the best way to distribute assets to your loved ones, you can count on our hands-on approach to finding effective solutions to your legal concerns.
Respected law firm with nearly 80 years of excellent service
For more than seven decades, individuals and businesses in the Baltimore metro area have trusted and recommended our firm because our attorneys are:
- Established — John H. Hessey, a former University of Baltimore law school dean, founded our firm nearly 80 years ago. Today, we continue to honor and build upon that legacy. Attorneys Mahlon and Hurst Hessey have both earned AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Ratings by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of their legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with their work.
- Knowledgeable — Our attorneys have the experience to handle the most difficult issues with skill and discretion. We not only understand the relevant law, but also can advise you on the short- and long-term consequences of the choices you face.
- Committed — No matter what type of legal support you seek, you can rely on our lawyers to provide personalized attention and responsive service at all times.
Whatever concerns you have, we are here to safeguard your legal rights and bring you the peace of mind you deserve.
Experienced advocates deliver authoritative legal support
Our firm represents clients throughout Central Maryland in legal practice areas including:
- Family law — For generations, our firm has delivered strong family law counsel for all types of household legal concerns.
- Wills and probate — Firm lawyers assist individuals and families with a complete range of estate planning matters. We tailor our advice on wills and probate issues to each client’s specific needs.
- Divorce — If you have decided to divorce, our attorneys will help safeguard your legal interests and those of your children.
- Trust and estate administration — Financial instruments are only effective if their instructions are carried out ethically and efficiently. We offer comprehensive trust and estate administration services so that problems do not occur.
- Child custody — We advocate for parents in child custody cases so that they can preserve healthy, supportive environments for their sons and daughters.
Even if your problem seems insurmountable, we will give you detailed advice based on our extensive knowledge and background. We are honored to continue a long tradition of exceptional legal service to the people of Baltimore and surrounding areas.
Contact a knowledgeable Maryland family law and probate attorney
Hessey & Hessey, P.A. represents residents of Central Maryland in family law and estate planning matters. From our location in Baltimore’s Canton neighborhood, we serve clients in the city as well as in Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Harford and Howard counties. Please call 443-564-4049 or contact us online to schedule an appointment to learn how we can be of help.